Pages

Thursday, October 28

a unity card :)

I was working on layout today, and I discovered a few things.
1) Choosing which pattern papers to use takes just about as long as everything else put together
2)There are about 62 different shades of pink, 38 of which I own in some form, and none of which match the color pink in my photos
3)The time you get your 1 year old down for her nap and sit at your desk, is the time your caring husband will offer to help you do that_____ you've been asking for, so you'll just have to stand up again
4) When you finally DO choose said pattern papers, you'll end up not using the ones you like best, just in case you find the *perfect* layout for them later


I suppose these could all just apply to me, but I'm pretty sure they are universal :) So I haven't finished my layout yet, but I do have a "Unity" card to share. I just LOVE these stamps!!
So many of my current favorites on this card :) I started with a Hero Arts layering paper in Carnation, which is just the perfect shade to use Spun Sugar distress ink on. So that is what I stamped the woodgrain background in. This is my favorite PTI background stamp by the way, because it is definitely the easiest to use, and hardest to mess up :) After I cut out the Quickutz label, I stamped it with Damask Designs in Old Paper distress ink. I inked the edges too. Then I stamped this adorable Unity chair and cut it  out. After that I decided it should have a pattern to it, and I stamped this on top. I stamped the lamp on Hibiscus burst cardstock and paper pieced it on. I also used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement of the my sentiment and the lampstand just right. That's really handy little tool :) I think I'm going to be using it alot more. I finished off with some machine stitching down the side of the label before adhering it to the base.
Thanks so much for popping in!! It has suddenly gotten quite cold here, so I'm off to dig out everyone's heavier coats. I did already get everyone's clothes switched from summer-y to winter-y, so I'm not too far behind :) Have a wonderful. crafty day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment