Pages

Saturday, October 23

tired...

phew. That was a really long day. A good day, but long. It was a little tougher looking around the "thrift shop" with Miss Emma on my hip. I did manage to find a stroller that she would stay in for a little while. I got a whole bunch of clothes for the kids this year and next. It's great to be able to get decent American clothes for them all there instead of trying to find some half way decent Japanese kids' clothes that aren't way overpriced :)  I spent the whole day today doing laundry though. I was so glad it was nice day so that they all actually dried.

Ok. I'll be honest. I *love* how this card came out. heehee :) Everything just came together like I pictured, and that really doesn't happen all the time.

I used Hero Arts layering paper for the base and stamped it with a music background in Worn Lipstick distress ink. Then I stamped the flourish in Walnut stain distress ink. I used my favorite butterfly stamp again and colored it with my copics. I also colored the white pearls with my copics so they would match. I love this Quickutz label too. I like how it is a little more "pointy" than the Spellbinders Labels 8 (which I do still like too :)) I stamped the scripty text in Old paper distress ink. Both the music and script backgrounds are from Cornish Heritage Farms. The sentiment is from the same set as the butterfly."Birthday" is really on top of "girl" in the stamp, so covered the Birthday with tape and only inked girl first. Then I stamped birthday by covering girl with tape when I inked up the stamp and taking it off when I stamped on the card. I'm often scared to stamp my sentiment on the actual card for fear that I will ruin a perfect card with a silly mistake. So most times I end up attaching my sentiment seperately. But I decided to be brave for this one--heehee :) Glad I did :)

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you're having a fun and restful weekend! I still have some clean laundry put away :) At least its already folded though!

No comments:

Post a Comment