Pages

Saturday, October 16

sewing, sewing...

Well, I didn't get any crafting done today. But my sewing machine sure did get a work out. I spent the whole day working on Halloween costumes. And boy I am glad I started months ago. I thought I was "almost done" with them. Haha. NOW, I am a closer to being actually almost done. I'm not that much of a sew-er, really. I cross-stitch ALOT, and of course I saw on my cards and layouts :) But I'm not that into actually sewing clothes or bags...So it is all the more special and rewarding when they like what I make them. Rhys *loves* his Flash Gordon costume and was dying to wear it today. I said yes, since I figure the more use they get out of it them the better, right? I'll be sure to post some pictures of all 3 of them when they are officially done :)


I do have a card that I made earlier this week to share :)
I used more Hero Arts layering papers on this one. I wasn't sure if I would like them after being spoiled with my Papertrey thick cardstock-heehee. But they are really nice. I stamped Damask Designs on the blue with Broken China Distress Ink. Then I stitched it onto the pink, which is also from Hero Arts. I stamped the text on white cardstock with Spun Sugar Distress ink and diecut it with Spellbinder label 8. Then I stamped the flower from Green Thumb in Spun Sugar on top of the text.Then I stamped the sentiment in black on top of that. After that I attache the ribbon and then the label, to the base.

Thanks for stopping by!! Everyone else here is asleep, so I'm going to join them :) Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment