Pages

Sunday, October 10

sweet peas...

We've been having much cooler weather and lots of rain. Today started out that way too. But by the time we got out of church it was actually hot. Everyone started peeling off all their extra layers :) I should have known though, since I thought about getting out all the kids' warmer clothes...


Another "flat" card for today. I didn't actually plan it that way :). For most of my cards I often just start with one idea of something  I want to do and go from there. This one started with the flower image I felt like using :) After decding that and thinking a little bit, I started out by stamping the wood grain background on kraft with antique linen distress ink. I really like how the colors look, a little bit more interesting than just the versmark I think :) I stamped the Sweet Peas in momento black and colored them with copics. I diecut it with a Quickutz label and then stamped the sentiment from the same Sweet Peas set. I adhered it to the Bitty Dot pattern paper and stitched it to a panel of Hero Arts Carnation layering paper (I'm really loving this color of pink right now--seems to be just the right shade :))

Thanks for popping in! I hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment