Pages

Thursday, October 14

cookies and cards

The cool, rainy, wet, weather continues here. It has been that way for the past few days. I'm pretty sure it's the reason for the 3 batches of cookies we baked and finished off already this week. But it's baking weather, right? Definitely would be worse *not* to bake something :)



Ok, I have another scripture card today. I'm really loving my woodgrain background lately. It's one of the easiest backgrounds from Papertrey to use, I think. And it goes with everything :). I cut the Quickutz label from Papertrey kraft carstock and stamped it with tin types background. Then I stamped the leaf image from in Walnut Stain distress ink. It took almost a year(!) after I got my distress inks to actually use them much at all, but I don't think I could stamp without them now. Love them :). I knew I wanted to stamp the verse in white on top, but white never shows up very well for me. SO, I stamped it on a transparency and covered the whole card front with it. I folded the sides over and ahered it on the back. Then I added the cream strip at the bottom,  stamped with text. Finally, I stitched down the sides with my sewing machine. It was a little trickier sewing over the transparency, definitely good to have it adhered down first.

Thanks for popping in! Miss Emma is letting my know just how sleepy she is, so we'll see if we can get her to take her nap :) It's almost the weekend ~yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment