Pages

Sunday, January 24

what do you do...



...with cards you don't love? I can take forever to make just one card, and I want be really happy with it when I'm done. But I'm not always. Often I make cards that I'm not very happy with. What do you do with those cards? Usually, I will wait a little bit and see if it grows on me. Sometimes it will, but usually it doesn't. In  that case, I see if I can just add something--like a gem or button to help. If that doesn't work, then I will take it apart and make another card, using at least some of the pieces from the original. I thought I would show you one of the cards I made that I didn't like and show you what it ended up looking like :)



This is what I made at first. And I just never liked it. (yes, it's ok to agree with me.) For the life of me I could not get the cherry image to look good to me, so I added it to my scraps drawer. And I made this card instead:
The only thing I used from the first card is the base, but I saved all the other parts for another card. The white label on this card was actually rejected from a card I made before. I like this one SO much better. I didn't stamp a "focal image" for this one. But did stamp both the backgrounds and the sentiment. The butterfly punch is from Ek Success. ( Everytime I see the Martha Stewarts' butterfly punch, I want to get it. But I haven't been able to justify it since I have this one...sigh...you can't have too many butterflies can you?!)





So, what do you do with your unloved cards? Do you just move on? Do you fiddle and redo like me?


Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment and let me know which version you like better :)

supplies: cardstock-papertrey ink; stamps-papertrey ink and cornish heritage farms; ribbon-papertrey ink; punch-ek succes; other-gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment