Pages

Wednesday, January 27

a card.


Have you been checking on all the fun new CHA peeks? I think it would be really fun to actually go and see all the new stuff and visit the booths. But I definitely don't see that ever happening lol. I still have fun looking at all the manufacture sneak peeks though. I'm always the most excited about new pattern paper and new dies. My other love is stamps, but my favorite companies don't do special CHA releases but every month instead :) I'm not sure what my favorite things so far are, but I love the new Quickutz cookie cutter alphas.  I really wish they would make more--or maybe not since I always feel like I have to get all of them *grin*.


ANYWAY, here is a card made this week:

A different color combination than I would normally do, but I like it :) I stamped the lemon tart scallop strip with my striped background stamp in Berry Sorbet, but very lightly. I used my new Quickutz embossing folder on the white panel. Lately I am loving thicker ribbon! I love the look of the big bows *smile*. And though I haven't perfected my bows yet, I am definitely liking them better. I've actually watched several tutorials on how really talented card makers like Dawn McVey and Kristina Werner make their bows. I found that I kind of take different tips from them all and combine them to make the kind of bows I like (if that makes any sense lol).

Thanks for stopping by!

supplies: cardstock: papertrey ink; pattern paper: papertrey ink; stamps: sentiment-verve, lines-cornish heritage farms; ribbon:papertrey ink; embossing folder:quickutz; scallop punch:martha stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment