Pages

Saturday, July 25

a little jealous

I know--it's not good to be jealous of others. And in most things I do manage to realize we all have our own blessings and burdens. But I have to admit I am a little jealous of those girls who are blessed with the perfect skin--you know, that beautiful brown-ish tone that never burns but just tans even more. Now I know what your thinking--that's SO not a big deal. And you're right, it's not really. But for once I would like to be able to go outside for longer than 5 minutes and not have to worry about getting sunburned :) Not have to slather on sunscreen every hour, only to find that I continuously missed the same spot and now have red and white stripes on my arms and a lovely red triangle on my neck :) Am I the only one? Do you have somewhat silly thing that, although not life changing or earthshattering, you would switch with someone else if you could?!
The whole family went to our church's softball game yesterday, and I have the red stripes to prove it :) Everyone had lots of fun though :) And our church's team won both games! I hadn't really been out of the house all week, so it was nice to get out for a day.
Now for some scrappy fun :)
This is a layout I did really recently. The pictures of when Miss Emma was born :) I knew I wanted to scrap them, of course :), but the nature of them made them kind of hard to scrap and look good. But I am really pleased with how it turned out! I used PTI butterfly stamps for the butterflies but added a Quickutz diecut for the body. I also put Stickles on the butterfly body for some extra bling :) I embossed the bigger heart with Quickutz Goosebumpz and then inked over it lightly. I love the subtle look touch it adds :) The scallop border at the bottom is Quickutz too. The papers are mostly K&Co. I love the label shape for the journaling :) I have actually just ordered some Nestablilities label dies. YAY!!





This card I made for the sketch at the Stamping Bella blog. I thought this was such a cute image :) And it is a fun one to color too. Not TOO much detail or little sections that are hard to get the right color. Leah saw me coloring it and thought it looked like her :) All the papers are from Fancy Pants. They are really old scraps that I had, but I was sure I would a good use for them :) They have a sketch each Friday to try out. This was my first time, but I am really liking have different sketches to get me going lately, so I thought I would try it. I love the stamps they have, and they have EXCELLENT customer service :) I would definitely recommend trying them if you have ever thought about it!!

Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment