Pages

Sunday, July 19

cake and fireworks.


I decided that I wanted to bake at least one fun, yummy thing each week. I started couple of weeks ago with the orange cupcakes (which were yummy :) ). Then last week I decided on carrot cake. While I LOVE carrot cake, I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I had had it (gasp!lol ) Rhys and Levi were not so sure that a vegetable should go in a cake, but definitely wanted to get in on the cream cheese frosting :) It went quite well and was even better than the cupcakes! Everyone LOVED it and was sad when it was gone--Levi even shed a few tears lol!


It was very "carroty"--in a good way :) So this is one I will definitely be making again.

Most weekends we do things as a family--shopping or just hanging around the house :) But this week Tomio was gone both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday he went golfing with some guys from church and Sunday his friend from work was getting married, so of course he went to that. But he did get home in time for us to go see the fireworks Saturday night! The kids were so excited--they got dressed in their "fireworks" outfits and everything :) Tomio was able to find a great spot to sit and watch. Miss Emma didn't really watch much, but the rest of us really enjoyed it. And it wasn't too hot either :) Don't they look so cute? (Rhys is going through some stage where he doesn't really smile much for the camera...sigh...)











Leah LOVES her yukata! She looks forward to wearing to see the fireworks all year:) The boys had matching outfits, which I loved :)

Since we stayed home most of the weekend, I was able to make 2 cards :)





These stamps are from Verve . I thought this birdie was so cute :) There is a boy birdie that goes with this one too. I wish the pink ink was a little darker, but I didn't have another good shade. You'd think with at least 6 colors of pink ink, 1 of them would have been just right lol :)



For this one I used Butterfly kisses from Papertrey Ink. Such a versatile set! I added little gems to the centers of the butterflies. The border punch is Martha Stewart. I wanted to try making a long skinny card for a change. It was fun to do something different. I like how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment