Pages

Friday, July 10

a good night's sleep

Today I feel blessed. There are lots of things you expect when you have a new baby. Lots of wonderful things--cute smiles, sweet cuddlles, the joy of when they recognize you :) But of course there are always some things you know to expect that are not quite so fun--poopy diapers, extra laundry, limited shower time, lack of sleep... and they are all worth it:) I expected all of these too, but Miss Emma decided to start sleeping through the night--at not even six weeks. While I was prepared for at least a few months of no sleep, I have been able to actually sleep uninterrupted for a couple weeks now. And as any mother knows, that is a very big deal :) I had forgotten how good it feels not to be exhausted during the day! Now, I know this may not last, but I am thankful for every little blessing from above:) (and I am quite sure that the rest of my family is thankful too, since a rested mama= a happy mama.)

Yesterday was a scrappy day :) Well, sort of. My mom came over to scrapbook all day. While she got several pages done, I got half of a card done lol:) But it was still fun to be working on scrappy stuff :) I enjoy doing anything scrappy that I can. But since half a card isn't too great for sharing lol-I'll share some older stuff again.


This is layout I did a while ago of my Rhys-ter:) I loved his smile in the focal point photo :) You can't really see it in the photo, but I embossed the white strip at the bottom with the Quickutz heart 4x4 embossing folder. I just ran it through my revolution a couple of times. The hearts and alphabets are all Quickutz too. I {heart} everything Quickutz :) (if you couldn't tell already by my layouts. 99% of my layouts have Quickutz on them:))
This is another boy layout. I love how the QK Rockstar font went with these papers from Little Yellow Bicycle. They have such a fun look :) Very boyish.
I really hope to get some of my newer layouts on here soon :)
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment