Pages

Thursday, February 4

embellish color challenge

I played along with one of the Embellish challenges before, and when I saw this week's challenge, I new I wanted to try to make something.


These colors are so pretty and I pretty much always use ribbon :) Here is what I came up with:

I decided to make a Valentine card. Since I always make at least different cards to choose from to give to my Tomio, I thouht I would start now :) I wasn't sure if it was too girly, but I figured it was ok for a Valentine :) I did some machine stitching on the light turquoise panel. I stamped a damask pattern on the chocolate base. I wondered about scattering some pearls on it, but I decided that the ones on the butterfly might be enough. The challenge calls for ribbon, so I did my very favorite thing to do with it-tied a big silky bow :)


And since Miss Emma looked so cute sitting and waiting while I took pictures of my card, I thought she should get her  picture taken too :)
Thanks for stopping by!

supplies: cardstock: pti; stamps-damask-pti, script-chf, sentiment-verve; ribbon-pti; butterfly-quickutz; gems- hero arts; label die-spellbinders; ink-green-pti, versamark

9 comments:

  1. Emma is too cute! Your card is awesome too! Great use of the colors. Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card and a super cute baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww sweet card and sweet baby!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, but Emma she is just gorgeous and very, very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design, Laura!!! I love the butterfly! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWEETNESS....both your card and the baby!! Love the name of your blog too. I'd have to call mine Diet Pepsi and Cards. But that doesn't have the same ring does it?? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so cute, but I'm afraid your little one stole the show!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete