Pages

Monday, November 23

Lucy's Color Challenge


I love all of Lucy's cards :) They are always so PRETTY. And since I'm always checking out her lovely creations, I knew I wanted to participate in her color challenge. I LOVE the colors she chose. love. So I was really excited to get started on the challenge. That's when I discovered that while I make cards with these colors all the time, I pretty much always use either white or cream too...It took me a little bit to get out of that way of thinking lol, but once I did, I had fun :) Here is what I made:

I used 3 different stamp sets for this card- Papertrey's Damask Designs and Butterfly Kisses (not for the butterfly, lol) and Verve's Thankful Blossoms. I paper pieced the butterfly after stamping it on the pink so the antenna already be there. And once again, I wished I had Polka dot basics from Papertrey...I always end up choosing something else instead lol. ( I think in a way I wonder if it would be easier to have one big polkadot background stamp, so that I wouldn't have to try to line them up to stamp the full background. What do you think? Do you prefer the strips like Papertrey has or a full background? Which would you recommend?!)
Anyway, thanks for stopping by! I hope your week is starting out well :)

supplies: cardstock: papertrey ink, stamps: papertrey ink and verve ribbon: papertrey ink, label die: spellbinders

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is just gorgeous - such a soft and pretty card. I love the bog polka dots here - they looks wonderful. I also wish I had Papertrey polka dot stamps... one day maybe :) Until then - your own polka dots are FANTASTIC. Thank you for joining in my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Lovely ribbon, such pretty stamping and colouring, and those BIG dots are fabulous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I have the polka dots basics 2 set, and I find myself using it ALL the time- it's definitely a well-worth-it purchase. Maybe you can add it to your Christmas list. :) I love what you did with these colors- so pretty! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete