Pages

Saturday, November 21

just a quick share....


well....a case of the mumps= no Christmas tree yet and a quick post. Rhys came down with the mumps on Tuesday. We thought it mght be the awful flu since it started out as a high fever, but much to our surprise it was the mumps...(here in Japan mumps vaccinations aren't standard...). He is doing much better now, but it has made for a busy, mixed up week. And no Christmas decorations yet. Leah is pretty sad about it, but she hasn't complained. She did make some of her decrations and a paper tree out of scrapbook paper to decorate her own room though :) Now that's my girl :)

I do have one card to share. It's got lots of my faves on it--butterflies, text stamps, scallops and brown :)

I don't know how well you can tell in the photo, but I stamped Papertrey Ink's text background stamp on the pink base. (sorry about the lighting in the photo!) I also stamped on of the other text backgrounds on the butterfly's wings. Then I chalked the edges of it's wings with some light pink for extra definition. The butterfly is from Quickutz. I think I have 3 or 4 different Quickutz butterflies, but I don't think it is quite enough :) Besides, you can never have too many different butterflies, right?!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! I hope you are having an illness-free week :) (do you even know of anyone who has actually had the mumps?! lol)

supplies: cardstock, stamps:papertrey ink, diecuts: Quickutz, pattern paper: diecuts with a vie, other: gems from stash

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so you are obviously a talented gal. Looking at all your cards, I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction. I really want a great die cut machine. One that can cut through material or felt. Could you recommend one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete