Pages

Tuesday, February 1

February....

It's a new month, so I'm hoping it's a start of good things :) Better to be positive and ambitious, right? :) I decided to change up my blog too. I find a little change of scenery is usually inspiring. I *think* I like how it looks. It usually takes me a few days to work on it and to decide whether I like or not.
I love the way that kids look at things :) I don't have an alarm clock, so I just use my cell phone alarm. And so does Tomio. Usually we have them going off  every few minutes....mine--his--mine--his. Kind of annoying, but it does wake you up :) Levi, who climbed into my bed in the middle of the night, heard Tomio's going off and said "oh yeah...that's Daddy's. Yours is just normal, but Daddy's is more Rock'N'Roll." Heehee :) I think it's the vibration :) I like being able to get up with a smile.


So I have a card to share :) Yay :) Really been trying to make sure I have time to do some fun things that I like too. It makes for a much happier me :)
I used an embossing folder on this--I don't think I've used those on my cards in ages. Love how it turned out though. I almost never like to leave my cardstock just plain. I'll at least use versamark and do a tone on tone subtle pattern. But I struggle with that sometimes because it really doesn't show up very well on really light colors, like this yellow. Then I thought, ohhhhh TEXTURE lol :) And that's how I decided onthat. I definitely think I'll be pulling them out a lot more. It's just the right touch sometimes. I used my new Baby Boy Plaid background from Unity on the green base. Really glad I got that stamp. The pretty frame stamp on the label is from Papertrey's anniversary set. It's not for sale though :( To be honest, I haven't really used many of the other stamps from the set. But I do really like the frame that matches the mat stack die :) The butterfly die is the one that goes with the Butterfly Dreams set. I just opted to use it without the matching stamp this time. I like it when the dies can work well with the stamp or without. I decided to loop my ribbon just for fun lol :)
Finished off with a few pearls. Didn't think it needed a sentiment.

Thanks for popping by! I hope your week and month have started off well. I expected it to get colder, but it has actually been a little smidge warmer these past couple of days. Fine by me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment