Pages

Wednesday, February 9

again...


I feel like I keep saying the same thing...."sorry time got away from me"...sigh... Since I homeschool my kids, we can of course basically start the new year whenever we want. The school year here in Japan starts in April, so I went with that when I first started homeschooling Leah 6 years ago in 2005. Back then I only had her and a 2 year old Rhys. Seems like things were a lot simpler then lol. But I do think I've learned a thing or two along the way so that as it gets more complicated, I at least know a little better how to deal with it. Even though the  school year officially started in April before, now I choose when to start depending on when they finish up this year's studies. It looks like we'll be starting in March I think. I want to take this time as a chance to set up some good plans and schedules not only for their school, but for me too. I want to be able to come on here and say "I did it. I got my things done and I got to make a card!" Is that too ambitious?That's my goal anyway. Scheduling and organizing do not come naturally to me. Up until not very long ago, I considered schedules as pretty much evil. I can't really comprehend it coming naturally to anyone, but apparently, it can. Amazing, I know. But anyway, I think it will help everything run more smoothly, so that's my plan...If you have any time scheduling or organizing tips for me, please help me out :)

Okay...enough of that. Time for a card. This was my Dad's birthday card. His birthday isn't actually until Valentine's Day, but he won't be here, so I gave it to him early :) I tried to go for a little more boy-ish colors than I normally do. I really like the Enjoy the Ride set. I should definitely get it out more often. And I have to admit that I have been kind of shying away  from my background building sets lately, kind of seemed like they were too much of a pain to get to work right. But I used polka dot basics 2 and text style basics on this card, and they both turned out pretty well :) I added some glossy accents to the taillights. I love how you can change out what the license plate says. So cute! I couldn't help adding some stitching, but I didn't think it made it look too girlie :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'm going to go think about some schedules.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this card. I love it. You are helping me put Enjoy the Ride on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete