Pages

Wednesday, May 19

mosquitoes and more Christmas

I really don't like mosquitoes. One of the first things  I remember noticing when I first moved to Japan when I was just a kid was how all the babies  I saw seemed to be covered in bug bites. I thought it was so strange and pitiful. I also didn't know why it seemed to happen to the majority of babies here, when I never really even noticed it happening to  babies in the US.  Honestly, I still don't know why. None of my babies ever seemed to be covered with bites....until yesterday. Poor Miss Emma woke up with maybe 20 or more mosquito bites all over her. I felt SO bad. She looked to pitiful. I don't really know why or how.... I mean, she sleeps with me and I didn't even have one bite. Sigh, I just don't like seeing my little baby like that. And you can be sure that I am taking alot more precautions to keep those pesky mosquitoes out!!

ANYWAY :), I have another Christmas card for you. I know...but I still have a few more to share :)
I love these colors. I like them much better than the traditional red and black. I had this idea for a hand stitched snowflake, and this it what I came up with. It actually took a few tries to get it to look right. But I like how it turned out. I just came with a line drawing of the snowflake and drew it lightly on the blue cardstock. Then I pierced holes all along the pattern. After that I just hand stitched it. I'll be honest though, it took quite awhile to stitch it. But I had fun :) The rest of the card is pretty simple, but I wanted to keep it that way.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a peaceful, pest-free week :)

supplies: cardstock: papertrey ink; stamps: polka dot-cornish heritage farms, all others-papertrey ink; button and ribbon:papertrey ink; other thread

No comments:

Post a Comment