Pages

Wednesday, July 28

a card~yay!

We bought a tree over the weekend. Its not huge, it is a potted one. But it is some kind of palm tree. I love how tropical it looks. Tomio put it on our wood deck, just outside my kitchen window. Now everytime I go in the kitchen, I can see the leaves blowing in the wind. And it makes me happy :)
I have a card again today :) I really do love this cupcake. I know I haven't done nearly all the fun things I could with it yet. So many things to try with all the different topping combinations.

I thought it might look yummy if I used ultra thick embossing powder for the topping :) I always use my heat gun from the bottom when I use the thick embossing powder,otherwise it blows it off. I went with kind of distressed look for the background stamps this time. And I used lots of background stamps. Music (again...), text (again...) and the argyle one. The argyle one is really fun with all the different sizes and color combinations you can do.But it does (at least for me) seem to take a little bit more practice to get it right. I love how it looks though :) The green leaves are just cut free hand. All of these stamp and papers are Papertrey Ink, except for the music background which is CHF, and the kraft, which is from Paper Reflections.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm just trying to get a few things done around the house while Miss Emma is napping. She's still not feeling very well :( But hopefully she'll be herself again soon :)
Have super day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment