Pages

Thursday, August 13

let's party!





We make a pretty big deal of birthday's at our house. It started when Tomio would spoil me on my birthdays while we were dating :) And now that we have kids, we always make a big deal of their birthdays too. We have a party at Nana's house where all the cousins are invited, I make a cake and Tomio draws a picture on it of whatever they want. Then we also always celebrate as a family on their actual birthday. Tomio takes off from work, we buy them a cake of their choice and usually go out to eat too. BUT, this year, I was in the hospital having Emma on Levi's birthday. Well, Emma was born on May 14th and Levi's birthday is the 16th, so I was still recovering from my c-section. Which means, I wasn't there to celebrate his REAL birthday as always. Of course, Tomio did get him a cheesecake so they could celebrate, but it wasn't like normal. We hadn't had a chance for him to have a party with a homemade cake yet either, since we were swamped with the move before Emma came. So, to make up for it, he got to have a "bonus" real birthday where Daddy got another cheesecake so we could celebrate as a family :) Which of course Levi loved. But we still hadn't a party yet either. And since it is already 3 months late, and there just wasn't anytime that the cousins etc could get together, we had a party at home this week. After much thought, Levi chose to have a "yellow AND chocolate cake" with "Mr. Incredibles" on it. And that is what he got :) This is the yellow AND chocolate cake, with Mr. Incredible drawn on it in chocolate pen :)




The cake was very much enjoyed by everyone :) Except Emma, as everyone pointed out lol. But they said at least she slept through it so she wouldn't notice :)






Levi was very excited to blow out his candles. I think it only took him about 3 puffs lol!


Levi didn't think he was going to get any presents since he had gotten some at his other birthday celebrations. He was SO thrilled when Daddy brought his presents in:)




Levi showing me his NEW "blue cars" along with his matching red one:) He was SO happy to finally get the "blue cars" as he calls it. Everyday now he says to me "I'm so happy I have blue cars now" :) Daddy also got him a Cars puzzle that Levi has been making at least 3 times a day:) Daddy always knows the best presents to get!




It was alot of fun. I was really glad that Levi got to have his party and cake. He was SO happy. But now he keeps talking about his NEXT birthday... which I am afraid is a rather long way off :)
And here is layout I did of Levi the other day. He was so LITTLE here! I can't believe he is 3 now!




The pattern paper is Basic Grey. The base CS is American Crafts, and the blue cs is Core'dinations. I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Spots and Dots folder (I think that is what its called!)For the white frame around my picture I first scored around the pictures to know where I wanted it to go and so I could have a groove for the pen to go in and write straighter :) Then I just wrote in the groove with my white gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment