Pages

Wednesday, August 24

love/hate...

So I have a love/hate relationship with heat embossing. I really love the detail it can add, and how it works well to make white pop. It can be so pretty! But, I can have the hardest time getting it too turn out "right". Know matter whate precautions I take, I usually end up getting too much powder on places I don't want it, or not enough, or SOMETHING. I still do it though, because I love when it DOES turn out :) One of the ways I get it turn out without much worrying, is by using clear embossing powder.It's pretty forgiving :), but still gives great results. heehee :)

That's what I did on this card. I think it's especially striking on the black. I also embossed the sentiment in white, and I think I did a pretty good job of that too.heehee:) I LOVE this doily shape from Papertrey. Honestly, when I bought the set of doily dies, I thought I might not even use this one at all, but I think I like it best. I guess you just never know...lol

Alright, I'm off to bed for tonight. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. This card is amazing. I have the same problem with heat embossing...probably why my heat gun sits collecting dust! And papertrey always has the cutest die cuts! I was just going to order a few more...this is my inspiration to do just that:-)

    ReplyDelete