Pages

Tuesday, May 31

a baby....

card :) heehee! just a card. I don't really make baby cards that often. Probably because I don't usually have a lot people to give them to. But they are so fun to make when I do :) I just found out that my best friend from Junior High is due in July, so that added to the baby fun, I'm sure. She's having a boy, though, so this one is not for her.

I started thinking that this fun plaid stamp from Unity would look great for a baby card. I really love how the white ink looks on the kraft. Definitely will be doing that again.After that I just got my super cute baby button bits stamps from Papertrey and decided on this oh-so-cute cupcake :) I love how it looks paper pieced :) My favorite thing to do when I am paper piecing is to look through my scraps and find  fun patterns to use, and that is what I did this time too. I usually find some of my best things that way :) I made the pink border around the edge a little bigger than I normally do because I wanted it to stand out more and have plenty of room to stitch.

That's all for the card today. But here is a picture of my sweet Miss Emma.


If you look closely, you can see the bandaid under her bangs. Just before we were heading out to church on Sunday, she fell and busted her head open. It made a huge gash and we had to go to the ER :( She ended up with about 5 stitches :( I'm so thankful that she is doing fine now. You wouldn't know it, she acts her same old  feisty self. Definitely not something I ever want to go through again. The surgeon was great, I can't imagine how hard it would be to stitch up a two year old. ( I can barely keep her still long enough to brush her teeth...)
Again, I just thank God for His care and protection.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a blessed and uneventful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment