Pages

Friday, August 27

cousins and sympathy

We had the cousins over to play today. They only live about 15 minutes from us, but we don't seem to get together nearly enough for their liking. The first thing the kids say as soon as they've left is "when are they coming again?" :) But having 8 kids running wild together for the whole day can be very....well wild :) Me, my sister Eryn and my mom all try to get some scrapping done together while they are here. I never seem to make much progress, but its alot of fun :) SO, I don't have something I made today to share :) But I'm pretty sure that I haven't shared this card before ( so sorry if I have!!)
This is a very simple sympathy card I made. Its simple, but honestly it took me awhile to get it how I liked it. The first thing I did was stamp the sweet pea outline image on the grey cardstock. I love the subtle elegance of it. I knew I wanted to use some green and some white text on clear, but getting those where I liked them is what took along time. I stamped the text with white Stazon on a clear transparency. Since it is thin, I could just fold it over the edges to adere it. Other stiffer acrylics just don't fold smoothly enough. All the stamps and cardstock on this are from Papertrey Ink. I wasn't sure I would love the Sweet Pea image after I ordered it, but I have LOVED it. Great for outlines like this but really fun to color as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I think we are off to visit the inlaws this weekend...Hope you are getting crafty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment