Pages

Monday, December 21

apple butter




Our church has a Christmas party each year, usually a few days before Christmas. This was actually the first year Tomio got to make it because the last couple of years they had it on a day when he had work. Anyway, the last couple of years I had been wanting to make something nice to give out to everyone, but never actually got to do it. So this year, I was determined to actually DO something. I decided to make homemade apple butter foreveryone. Here in Japan you can't get apple butter, and most people hadn't even heard of it. After a few bumps in the road finding the jars and supplies, I was actually happy with how they turned out :) Leah was so excited about them and SO wanted to help. She put all the labels on the jars for me and was so proud of herself :) I was glad that she liked helping out.


I had alot of fun making these tags. Well, not at first. Knowing that I needed to make at least 20 of these, I thought it would easiest just to mass produce them.(Yes, I KNOW I hate mass producing...) So foolishly, I started cutting out 20 tags the same color and stamped them with the same design...only to hate the results. Then I realized I had alot more fun just doing a few at a time, kind of similar, but no 2 really alike. THEN I had fun and liked the results. I used a few different Papertrey ink sets to make these. Oh, and I used some snowflake images from My Sentiments Exactly and Hero Arts. The lables I printed out on my computer and then stamped the frame with a Hero Arts stamp.I'm SO glad I actually did something this year instead of just thinking about it lol.
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to do at least one thing you think about doing each Christmas but don't, for whatever reason :) You will be so glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment