Pages

Tuesday, October 6

around the world...

in just one day :) I didn't get as much time to create cards on the actual WCMD as I would have liked. And I didn't even find out about Nichole Heady's WCMD challenge until yesterday. But I really wanted to participate as much as I could. I am so happy that I actually got all 4 cards made :) woohoo:)
So, the first challenge was to make a card inspired by Japan! You would think this would have come easy for me, but I don't even own a single Asian-themed stamp. After a little thought, this is what I came up with:

I used this pattern paper from Die Cuts With a View. I was actually surprised to come up with something I liked.
The challenge for day 2 was to create a card inspired by Mexico. The first thing I thought of was pinatas and parties with pennant banners. So, I made this:

I haven't used this great set from Papertrey nearly enough.  I love how you can add in the candle in birthday in any color you want :) so cute :)
Day 3's challenge was supposed to be inspired by India and to use rhinestones or sequins. I thought this shouldn't be too hard since I seem to put rhinestones on just about everything right now hehe :)  
                             

It's pretty simple, but I thought it did have kind of an Inidian feel to it. I think it needs something else, but I haven't figured it out yet. Once I do, I'll re-post it lol :)
And the last challenge was from Australia. We could either use masking or dotted outlines. I chose dotted outlines.                Yes,  I know the snowman doesn't seem very Australian :) But for some reason, it was the only image that "grabbed"  me, and evertime I tried to use something else, I didn't like it. And I did use the dotted lines :)  I like how it turned out though.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by! I had lots of fun going around the world : )

supplies:
{you're amazing}
cardstock: papertrey
pattern paper: diecuts with a view
stamps: verve
buttons autumn leaves
other: ribbon
{happy birthday}
cardstock: core'dinations
pattern paper: inque boutique
stamps: papertrey
buttons: autumn leaves
ribbon: offray
{celebrate today}
cardstock: diecuts with a view
pattern paper: daisy d
stamps: papertrey
label diecut: spellbinders
scallop border: fiskars
other: rhinestones
{Christmas Wishes}
pattern paper: fancy pants
stamps: stamping bella, papertrey
ribbon: bazzill basics
button: papertrey
other: white gel pen, kraft cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment